Brian - you were right about the move down to 1132.75 but you could not benefit from reading the market correctly because it moved there in the Globex session.
It seems to me that you have a strategy mindset which is swing based but you're trading intraday. Your money management needs to take this into account. Again - yesterday you had a healthy profit in a position but let it turn into a sizable loss.
Consider that there are only 5-6 trend days (moves) per month and some of these happen outside of regular trading hours. Doing the math and losing 2 points on 15 days and making 10 points on 5-6 days after commissions would work - but not if you miss 2 of these moves to the overnight session.
Hello. I am a bit of an intra day swing trader but I do not require trending markets to hit big trades. I take my trades to almost full expected volatility. This approach may require some modification in tight markets like what we have been experiencing. Attacking my zones and holding has performed well over time. The performance in the past few weeks has been unusual and I consider it a rare losing streak that will correct over a large sample. There are some adjustments that can be made to limit losses like i've had for the past week however. I am considering taking higher probability targets but when I have made that adjustment in the past, the market has then opened up and performed will for my holding strategy. It is a tough call on what to do. I am going to start taking higher prob targets temporarily until I hit a few winners however.
You need to have a low before you can make a new high. You need to hit a new low in life before you can be the trader you want to be.
Note To Myself:
The first move and premise is always going to be the most correct and natural. Do not put yourself into a defensive position later in sequence because you cannot commit to the aggressive nature of a proper execution.
When you introduce a stop and a target/break even mechanism into a setup, the probability is that you lose or go break even in either direction most of the time unless you make a discretionary decision.
In trading, randomness almost always leads to losses and losses can lead to more randomness.
Brian - you were right about the move down to 1132.75 but you could not benefit from reading the market correctly because it moved there in the Globex session.
ReplyDeleteIt seems to me that you have a strategy mindset which is swing based but you're trading intraday. Your money management needs to take this into account. Again - yesterday you had a healthy profit in a position but let it turn into a sizable loss.
Consider that there are only 5-6 trend days (moves) per month and some of these happen outside of regular trading hours. Doing the math and losing 2 points on 15 days and making 10 points on 5-6 days after commissions would work - but not if you miss 2 of these moves to the overnight session.
Hello. I am a bit of an intra day swing trader but I do not require trending markets to hit big trades. I take my trades to almost full expected volatility. This approach may require some modification in tight markets like what we have been experiencing. Attacking my zones and holding has performed well over time. The performance in the past few weeks has been unusual and I consider it a rare losing streak that will correct over a large sample. There are some adjustments that can be made to limit losses like i've had for the past week however. I am considering taking higher probability targets but when I have made that adjustment in the past, the market has then opened up and performed will for my holding strategy. It is a tough call on what to do. I am going to start taking higher prob targets temporarily until I hit a few winners however.
ReplyDelete