Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August 4 2009 Post Market Review



The market continues to grind up. I had a tough trading day as I attempted to short the retest of the 1000 resistance area.

The plan is to trade the prep and that is what I did. It was a low probability high risk/reward situation.

It turns out the lots of people had the same idea and the market just kept pushing until most were stopped out.

You can see that the upper trend lines from the wedge on the morning prep held. Unfortunately, it is not in my plan to trade these.

The ES is going to be tough to trade until we get a correction to the downside. I will stick with my prep trades because I am confident that they will perform in any reasonable sample.

Part of trading successfully is pressing when the market suits your plan and standing aside when it does not. My first instinct after getting stopped out today was to invent another setup so I could fight back.

I have learned that it is better to be patient and wait for the prime setups. For me, day trading does not mean I need to fight the market when there is a limited edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.